Being the first in the mobile market has become a new fad. Business leaders and mobile app developers are putting their best efforts to launch their mobile application at the earliest and reap better benefits. While this might sound great, it is a big matter of concern as various app development agencies are overlooking testing and compromising on quality for speedy output.
This is helping them to launch their application at the earliest, but hindering their path to success as the user acquisition becomes a challenge with bugs and other issues.
Considering the same dilemma of how to provide a speedy yet quality mobile app development service, here I’m sharing a few tips to fasten your application development process:
- Prefer Low Fidelity Wireframes: Before you begin the development phase, it is wise to design a low-fidelity wireframe. By planning a layout of the mobile app on the paper, you can easily draw the app screens and map out the functionalities without spending many hours.
When compared to high-fidelity wireframes, the low-fidelity wireframes (also called Paper wireframes) are abstract and have lesser details which help the developers to get a better idea of the concept and plan further swiftly.
- Launch an MVP: Investing in MVP (Minimum Viable Product) development is yet another best method to accelerate the process to develop a mobile app. In case of an MVP, you develop a mobile application with only the basic functionalities.
This reduces the time, cost and efforts required for the mobile application development process and release your app at the earliest. Besides, this process also lets you test your app idea and maintain the hype in the market by launching an app update timely (better to release an update in every 2-4 weeks).
- Go for Agile Approach: When it comes to mobile app development approach, always go with Agile. Unlike Waterfall, the Agile development methodology is faster and profitable as it breaks down the app project into smaller modules and handed over to different project teams. These smaller modules act as a mini project – working upon all the phases right from designing to development, testing, release, and maintenance based on the feedback received.
This methodology of working upon multiple smaller cycles reduces the complexity of the project, make it easier to develop different components at the same time and this way, accelerate the mobile application development timeline.
- Set Short Release Cycles: By considering multiple release cycles of shorter duration, you can also speed up your app development process. This strategy enables you to test, deploy, share, and get the valuable feedback at the earliest, with which you can easily make changes in a particular section. On the other side, longer release cycles make it tougher for mobile app developers to test and update because of the involvement of multiple screens and functionalities.
- Invest in Automatic Testing: A perfect balance of automatic and manual testing can also add goodness to your development process. By considering automatic testing, you can test your mobile application on different platforms and devices without taking many hours. This way, you can ensure the quality along with the speed of mobile app development.
There are various tools for automatic testing in the market, but I recommend Appium to expand your coverage within the same time frame.
- Turn towards Component-based UI: The layout and functionality of the mobile apps might be different, but there are various components that are common, such as login panel. By reusing the code for such elements can also cut down your efforts and make it easier for you to accelerate your mobile application development timeline.
Consider the aforementioned mobile app development tips and enter the mobile app industry at the earliest. Good Luck!